Friday 22 March 2013

Spring Break Plans


My spring break plans.

March 22, 2013

Well for starters we can get rid of that word, “spring.” On Monday there was a big snow fall and now the city looks like we are in the middle of December again. Not cool Mother Nature. I plan on going to Fargo and Grand Forks to do some shopping with my dad and little sister, with two other close families. This is a trip we take almost every year, at least three times and it never disappoints. I can always find something great with a fabulous price to match and it seems to make the trip worthwhile. As well, there’s also a great place in Grand Forks where we stop for pizza, it’s called “Rhombus Guys.” Top notch food, drinks and service, what more could you ask for? And spending this vacation with friends is always a bonus. I’ve always said the transition between winter and spring is the busiest, people, schools and family always seem to be in a rush, so a break to slow thing down is appreciated quite a bit. After this weekend voyage, I’m back to sitting on the couch for a bit, trying to wrestle away the remote form my sisters, but I do have some spring break books to read in my mind. “The Penderwicks” by Jeanne Birdsall is one of my all-time favourites and isn't a difficult read either, perfect for a relaxing break. At the end of the week I’m off again to my cousins’ cottage, probably with many more giggles and secrets to be made there. Not a fancy vacation but a very good one in my opinion, and I wish you all a great spring break as well.  









This picture symbolizes me taking me time and enjoying my spring break, and getting away from the rush of everything. It sounds pretty good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment