Friday 17 May 2013

Creative writing #1


This week we started our creative writing, and our first assignment was to write a paragraph describing our bedroom. All through the week we were working bit by bit on our creative writing and this is my finished product.

My room:
When you first walk into my room you will notice a couple of things automatically. One, it is always very bright. The far wall in my room faces the backyard and has a large window on it, sunlight streaming in through the curtain-less frame. The light coloured but cheerful walls are also key in the lighting factor because they are very light in colour. The left wall is a light purple and the other three walls are a pale minty green. The window wall is this minty green colour, so is the closet on the right hand side of my room. The closet doesn’t have doors on it and has shirts and dresses hanging over a small plastic dresser. Beside the dresser, a small blue suitcase and other bags.
The second thing you realize about my room is the size. It is a small square room but it is quite open. My bed is in the far left corner. It is on the ground and it is very soft, with a couple of plush pillows at the headboard. The comforter cover and well as the sheets are green, vibrant and a good contrast to the pale walls. When you walk in, to the instant left is a two by four shelving bucket unit, from the terrific store IKEA. It is sleek, a dark brown wood, smooth to the touch. It is two squares up and four across, with clothing occupying the bottom four squares. The top four hold books, hair and makeup products and other miscellaneous items. It comes up to my waist.
Something else noticeable to my room is the smell. The freshly painted walls give off a feeling of starting new. The smell of sweetness is also in the air, from the perfume sprayed in the air from the morning.
My room is quite private and my sisters know not to go in my room as a matter of respect, though it isn’t very quiet. My door is a little short, sound streaming in from underneath it, noises from the living room and kitchen fill the air. The walls aren’t thin though and the wall facing the outside provides a coolness for these warm spring days.
My room is a place to hang out after a long day and it is usually the place I retreat with my friends when they come over. Having a space of my own is good in a small house with two loud sisters and the soft feel of it provides a feeling of calmness.  The clothes strewn on the floor in the corner are a reminder that not everything needs to be perfect.

So this is my room, and thought it may be little, it’s my own space I have to myself without worrying about having to share, and that’s a pretty good deal in a house full of girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment